Have an awesome summer!!! School starts on Tuesday September 5th, 2017.
It’s here – our last week of school! Congratulations parents and teachers – we made it!!!
Friday’s 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony was wonderful – THANK YOU to all the volunteers who donated items and/or their time so that the 5th grade parents could enjoy the day.
- 3rd grade picnic is today (Monday)
- This week’s elementary school day schedule is as follows:
- Today – Full day of school
- Tomorrow & Wednesday – Schools dismiss three (3) hours early.
Have a great summer!!!!
It’s our last full week of school!
- Join us for our last PTA meeting of this school year on Tuesday evening, 6:30-8pm in the media center. Elections for the 2017-18 PTA committee will be held – we still have some positions open. Please note, we will not have childcare available at this meeting due to a scheduling conflict.
- End of year picnics begin this week:
- 5th grade – Monday
- 1st & 2nd grade – Thursday
- K & 4th grade – Friday
- 3rd grade – next Monday 6/12
- Our 5th graders are beginning a new chapter in their academic lives – their promotion ceremony is this Friday, 6/9. The ceremony begins at 9:30am and will end by 10:45am – PTA is providing refreshments and we’d love to have a few more parents on hand to help out so our 5th graders and their parents can enjoy this celebration! If you are available to help, you can sign up here.
Have an awesome week – summer is almost here!
We’re in the home stretch of this school year! Enjoy your Memorial Day holiday!
- This week is the last week for ROAR cart.
- Wednesday May 31st is Health/Wellness day at Guilford.
- We have several open PTA positions for the 2017-18 school year, including Volunteer Coordinator, Family Involvement, Mentor (new position), and Grade Level Coordinators for 2nd and 5th grades. Please let us know if you are interested or would like more information about any of these positions!
There are only 17 school days left in this school year! Where has the time gone?!?
- Tonight is restaurant night at Panera: 6pm-9pm at 6435 Dobbin Rd, Columbia. Just tell the cashier upon checkout that you are there to support Guilford ES. Thank you for your continued support!
- 2nd grade ROAR cart was postponed due to Field Day last week – it will be this Tuesday.
- Thursday evening is the Spring Band and Orchestra concert. The strings portion of the concert begins at 6:30pm and the band portion of the concert begins at 7:30pm.
- As we look ahead, PTA is looking for a handful of volunteers to help make the 5th grade promotion ceremony great! We need some donations of food items as well as a couple folks at the school the morning of June 9th to serve cake and snacks. You can see what’s needed and sign up here.
Have an awesome week!
It’s going to be another busy week at Guilford!
- Today (Monday) is the final day of PARCC testing.
- It’s a ROAR cart week!
- Tomorrow (Tuesday) is Field Day and the weather forecast looks amazing! Join us for the volunteer lunch from 11am-1:30pm in the media center!
- Night of Excellence is Thursday night, 6-7:30pm!
- School is closed for students Friday 5/19.
We hope to see you for some or all of these fun events!
It’s a HUGE week at Guilford!!
This Tuesday is our PTA meeting at 6:30pm in the media center. We will be taking nominees for open PTA positions for the 2017-18 school year. There are several positions available, so please consider joining us to learn more! Childcare will be available during the meeting.
PARCC testing continues this week on Wednesday and Thursday. 3rd and 4th graders will participate in mathematics testing and students in 5th grade will participate in ELA testing.
Friday is Field Day and our volunteer lunch! We rely on our volunteers and so appreciate your help. There will be a special lunch in your honor from 11am-1:30pm on Friday! Field Day is such a fun day that students look forward to – activities will be Friday from 9:25am-12:35pm. If you’d like to help out, Ms. Hancock and Mrs. Wolter can get you plugged in.
Our biggest fundraiser of the year, Basket & Bag Bingo, is THIS SATURDAY! You can still order your tickets for at a discount here, or you can purchase them at the door. Doors for this event open at 6:00pm and BINGO begins at 7pm. The event will be held at Ridgely’s Run Community Center, 8400 Mission Rd, Jessup, MD, 20794.
Have an awesome week!
It’s Teacher Appreciation Week! PTA is putting together a treat for our awesome teachers each day this week! Thank you teachers, for all your hard work!
Monday morning – Pancake Breakfast
Tuesday – Taco Tuesday
Wednesday – Root Beer Floats
Thursday – Coffee Break & Desserts
Friday – Beach Day
PARCC assessments begin this week – students in 3rd and 4th grade will be participating in the ELA assessments on May 1, 2, 4, 5 and students in 5th grade will be participating in the mathematics assessment on May 1, 2, 4, 5.
There will be no ROAR cart this week due to the PARCC assessments. We will resume our ROAR cart schedule in two weeks, on our next regularly scheduled ROAR cart week.
PTA has begun assembling the baskets for BINGO! If you can help, we’re still in need of a few items, specifically: Get Fit, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Coffee/Tea, Orioles, and Electronic Fun. Also, if you haven’t ordered your tickets yet, you can order them online and they will be sent home with your student. Order ahead and save – ticket prices are higher at the door!
This Friday is a Spirit Day – Beach Day!!
Have an awesome week!
It’s a ROAR cart week at Guilford! We rescheduled from last week so that students had more days after Spring Break to earn ROAR tickets.
Our PTA Basket & Bag BINGO is just 26 days away! It is our biggest fundraiser of the year and is always tons of fun! Purchase your tickets in advance here and they will be sent home to you with your student. Also, there are still a few grade level and PTA themed baskets that need additional donated items:
- As Seen on TV
- Grillers Delight
- Summer Fun
- Get Fit
Other themed baskets that could use some donated items are: Summer Fun, International Cuisine, DIY, Camping, Night on the Town, and Crafty. You can send donated items in with your child this week. Baskets are being assembled this coming weekend, so please send in your items this week!
There are still some opportunities to help out during BINGO – you can view them and sign up here.
Report cards come home this week on Tuesday, the Spring Chorus Musical for 5th Grade only is also on Tuesday, and Boys Night Out for grades 3-5 is this Thursday April 27.
This Friday at 9:30am, join Mr. Davis and Mrs. Stahler for Coffee with the Administrators in the cafeteria!
Welcome back to school! I hope everyone had a wonderful spring break!
Restaurant night is Tuesday night (4/18) at the Greene Turtle! You can find the flyer here if you need it.
ROAR cart is being rescheduled for this week, due to spring break and students not having many days to earn more ROAR tickets. ROAR cart will be next week, April 24-28. Also, there will be no ROAR cart the first week in May due to PARCC testing. ROAR cart will return to its normal schedule the week of May 15th.
We are still looking for donations of items for the Basket & Bag BINGO. The themes for each grade are: Pre-K/Kindergarten – “As Seen on TV”, 1st Grade – Garden, 2nd Grade – Summer Fun, 3rd Grade – Snack Attack, 4th Grade – International Cuisine, 5th Grade – Family Entertainment. Your student can bring donated items to school and place them in the basket provided in their pod.
Mark your calendars!
- PTA Meeting May 9th – we still have open positions to fill for next school year!
- Field Day and Volunteer Luncheon at GES on Friday May 12th
- BINGO is May 13th at Ridgely’s Run Community Center