THANK YOU for supporting our restaurant nights at Pie Five in September and Red Robin in October! Both nights were a huge success, and our Red Robin night was the most successful restaurant night fundraiser so far, raising almost $275 for PTA! We hope you enjoy the opportunity to build community with other families outside of school while giving back to our Guilford family!
Join us at our PTA meeting on October 9th, 6:30-8:00pm in the media center. The first portion of the meeting we will hear from the administration and PTA board members, and the second portion of the meeting will be dedicated to a fundraising discussion! Childcare will be provided; if you are able, we are requesting a donation of $2/family to offset some of PTA’s expense for childcare.
Want a night off from cooking dinner? PTA has arranged a restaurant night with Pie Five located at 6455 Dobbin Road, Suite 32, Columbia, MD 21045.
A flyer should have come home with your student last week with all the details. If you forget your flyer, it’s OK! Just mention Guilford Elementary School to the cashier and Pie Five will donate 20% of our net sales between 5-9pm on Tuesday 9/18/18.
It’s an easy and fun way to support Guilford’s PTA and we hope to see you there!
Join us for our first PTA meeting of the year – all are welcome!
TUESDAY September 11, 2018, Media Center, 6:15-8pm
6:15-7pm – Welcome, Administration & President’s report, Budget Presentation and Vote (only current paid PTA members can vote)
7-7:40pm – PTA Information Session! Each area of PTA will give a short description of what they do, and you will have an opportunity to visit each station to ask for additional details and exchange contact information for event interest!
7:40-8pm – We will come back together as a group and take a moment to share. There will also be a membership raffle drawing – your PTA membership is your entry!
Thanks for a great year Guilford! School begins Tuesday September 4, 2018 and our first PTA meeting will be on Tuesday September 11th at 6:30pm in the Media Center. Enjoy your summer and we look forward to a great 2018-19 school year!
Have an awesome summer!!! School starts on Tuesday September 5th, 2017.
It’s here – our last week of school! Congratulations parents and teachers – we made it!!!
Friday’s 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony was wonderful – THANK YOU to all the volunteers who donated items and/or their time so that the 5th grade parents could enjoy the day.
- 3rd grade picnic is today (Monday)
- This week’s elementary school day schedule is as follows:
- Today – Full day of school
- Tomorrow & Wednesday – Schools dismiss three (3) hours early.
Have a great summer!!!!
It’s our last full week of school!
- Join us for our last PTA meeting of this school year on Tuesday evening, 6:30-8pm in the media center. Elections for the 2017-18 PTA committee will be held – we still have some positions open. Please note, we will not have childcare available at this meeting due to a scheduling conflict.
- End of year picnics begin this week:
- 5th grade – Monday
- 1st & 2nd grade – Thursday
- K & 4th grade – Friday
- 3rd grade – next Monday 6/12
- Our 5th graders are beginning a new chapter in their academic lives – their promotion ceremony is this Friday, 6/9. The ceremony begins at 9:30am and will end by 10:45am – PTA is providing refreshments and we’d love to have a few more parents on hand to help out so our 5th graders and their parents can enjoy this celebration! If you are available to help, you can sign up here.
Have an awesome week – summer is almost here!
We’re in the home stretch of this school year! Enjoy your Memorial Day holiday!
- This week is the last week for ROAR cart.
- Wednesday May 31st is Health/Wellness day at Guilford.
- We have several open PTA positions for the 2017-18 school year, including Volunteer Coordinator, Family Involvement, Mentor (new position), and Grade Level Coordinators for 2nd and 5th grades. Please let us know if you are interested or would like more information about any of these positions!
There are only 17 school days left in this school year! Where has the time gone?!?
- Tonight is restaurant night at Panera: 6pm-9pm at 6435 Dobbin Rd, Columbia. Just tell the cashier upon checkout that you are there to support Guilford ES. Thank you for your continued support!
- 2nd grade ROAR cart was postponed due to Field Day last week – it will be this Tuesday.
- Thursday evening is the Spring Band and Orchestra concert. The strings portion of the concert begins at 6:30pm and the band portion of the concert begins at 7:30pm.
- As we look ahead, PTA is looking for a handful of volunteers to help make the 5th grade promotion ceremony great! We need some donations of food items as well as a couple folks at the school the morning of June 9th to serve cake and snacks. You can see what’s needed and sign up here.
Have an awesome week!