This week at Guilford:
Donations need for Fall Fest/Turkey Trot (contact Ray Somerville at firstname.lastname@example.org )
- 3 pumpkins (any size) — **Harris Teeter had them for 2/$10
- 5-10 assorted gourds (plastic preferred or regular)
- plastic apples (5 Red) (10 green)
- donations for turkeys – cash or gift cards (Harris Teeter or Giant)
- Oct 25 – Pre-K field trip to Clarks Elioak Farm
- Oct 27 – Kindergarten field trip to Sharps Farm
Next week and beyond:
- Oct 31 – Orange Day- Fall Fest/Turkey Trot Day
- Nov 1 — 9:45am Coffee with Administration
- Nov 3 — Scheduling for P/T Conferences begins
- Nov 2 — Fall Fest/Turkey Trot Rain Date
- Nov 2 — Primary Math Night – Grades K-2nd
- Nov 2 — Intermediate Math Night – Grades 3rd-5th
- Nov 8 Grade 1 – field trip to Howard County Conservancy
- Nov 10 School Closes 3 Hrs early -NO Pre-K
- Nov 10 Sweat Shirt Day – wear your favorite sweatshirt
- Nov 10 — First Quarter ends
- Nov 13-17 — American Education Week
- Nov 13 — Scholastic Book Fair Week
- Nov 14 PTA Meeting 6:30 p.m.
- Nov 16 Book Fair Family Fun Night
- Nov 17 — Report cards sent home
- Nov 17 Crazy Hair Day – Wear your hair in a wild style:spike,fancy hair clips….
- Nov 20 School Closes 3 Hrs early,No PreK, Parent Teacher Conferences
- Nov 20 Jump Rope for Hearts – Grades K-1st
- Nov 20-21 — P/T Conferences
- Nov 21 School Closes 3 Hrs early, No Pre-K, Parent Teacher Conferences
- Nov 21 Jump Rope for Hearts – Grades 2nd-5th
- Nov 22-24 School Closed
- Nov 28 Fall Individual Picture Re-take Day
- Nov 28 Restaurant Night at Jason Deli 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Nov 29 Grade 2 In-House Field Trip – Fire Safety House
A note about Parent Teacher Conferences:
Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Monday, November 20th and Tuesday, November 21st. We will be holding Language Arts Conferences for all students, parents will also be able to conference with their child’s related arts teachers if they choose.
If your child has Mrs. McNamara or Mrs. Brown for math, you will have the option to have a math conference with them as well.
All conferences are scheduled by using the Conference Scheduler found via your Family File. Once you log into your Family File, you can select conferences and begin to schedule your conferences. Parents can begin scheduling starting conferences on Friday, November 3rd. Please contact the front office with questions.
See Guilford’s calendar here: http://ges.hcpss.org/calendar